- The Sound of Music, my favorite musical (a song from which inspired this blog)
- I love giving presents. It’s so much fun to pick out just the perfect thing for someone, something that really fits their personality, their likes, their passions.
- Reading! Right now I’m reading Dialogue on the Infinity of Love, by Tullia d’Aragona, a 16th century Venetian courtesan; I’m also re-reading Mister God, This is Anna, by Fynn, a book that had a huge effect on my spiritual self when I was a teenager.
- Music! I have a very eclectic taste in music. I love my iPod. What’s playing right now? “Too Sick to Pray” by A3; next up on the playlist is “Kidda,” a middle-eastern song by Natacha Atlas. Followed by “Obla di Obla da” by the Beatles, of course.
- Really ripe strawberries.
- Escaping to the mountains with my little family, no cell phone, no computer, just nature and a nice fire in the fireplace and playing cribbage and doing puzzles.
- Writing! I love writing about so many things, from researching serious topics, to fiction, to writing haiku. My latest haiku effort:
smoke curls into light
buttery, still light; content
peaceful moment sigh
- Friendly, intelligent discussion.
- Wriggling my toes in the grass, smelling the trees and the clouds.
- Really wonderful, passionate sex — enthusiasm is what I love most. (I did mention that this list isn’t in order? 🙂
- Sleeping as late as I want to.
- My antique bed with the Tempurpedic mattress. I do quite a few of my favorite things there. 🙂
- Getting to know new people, making connections, finding things we have in common, laughing, sharing thoughts, realizing we’re more alike than we might have thought.
- Curling up on the couch with a nice hot cup of Irish Breakfast Tea (two sugars, a good splash of milk), watching a good movie I haven’t seen in a long time.
- My cats (Gwennie, Patches, and Jack) and my dogs (Tish and Sugar). I love my furry people, who remind me the true meaning of unconditional love.
What are some of your favorite things? Email me and let’s talk about it!